ADVERTISEMENT

GA Varsity Insider

May 13, 2021
Find out what colleges are recruiting Kamari Maxwell, Mysean Nesbitt, Tim Sims, Logan Inagawa, and Jay McCray now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with New Hampstead wide receiver Kamari Maxwell​

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I want to play football in college.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“Austin Peay, Bucknell, Colgate, Lafayette, Kent state, Middle Tennessee, Shorter, Umass, Georgia State.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“Kent State, Austin Peay.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I have made a few college trips for camps and visits.”

Do you have plans for more trips soon?
“I do have one visit planned right now to go to Colorado.”

Have you done any camps this off-season? How do you feel you performed?
“I have been to multiple camps this off season. I have been to a total of 10 and I have dominated at them and have done really well.”

Do you have any plans for camps ahead?
“I’m pretty sure I’m done with camps now, I might go to one or two more.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“My favorite college growing up was Florida State.”

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Parkview outside linebacker Mysean Nesbitt​

“Yes, I want to play college football.”

“At the moment recruiting has been slow but I’ve spoken to SMU and NCAT.”

“I have no schools recruiting me hard, just a conversation or two with coaches.”

“I went on an unofficial visit to GA State and Mercer but other than that, that’s all the trips I’ve been on to colleges.”

“I don’t have any trips planned right now, but in the future I’ll be looking forward to it.”

What camps are you planning to do this summer?
“I’ve attempted a SMU, GA State, and Mercer camp this summer. I also plan to go to a NCCU camp.”

“I didn’t have a favorite college team growing up.”

Q&A with Lovejoy athlete Tim Sims​

“Yessir I do want to play on the next level but I don’t know where home is yet.”

“Well a lot of schools have been recruiting me, I don’t want to miss any school to make me seem ungrateful, so I won’t name them. But my name is getting around and I thank God for that.”

“See above.”

“N/A.”

“N/A.”

“I went to a lot of camps, UCF, Troy, Cincinnati, UGA, and a lot of other camps and programs I went to. [As for] my performance, they say I did good but I can do better and I am going to do better. I also went to Wake Forest and gained a lot of interest from schools.”

“Maybe two more solo missions, but other than that not really. I want to be with my team and keep working to get better. Coaches come if they come. My mind is on being better than everyone else.”

“I did, me and my family were Roll Tide but now my favorite team is whoever I commit to!”

Q&A with Starr's Mill quarterback Logan Inagawa​

“Absolutely, I want to play football at the collegiate level. I aim to attend a school with superior academics, and a great coaching staff focused on player development. I want to go to a school that wants me and can use my skills to benefit the team.”

“I’m receiving attention from several high academic schools. My recruitment has included the Ivies, Academies, and some other D1 schools.”

“The Naval Academy. The coaches have a vision of how I fit their offense and can play into their scheme.”

“I have visited and competed at camps in Georgia this summer. I’ve also traveled to Navy, Cornell, UPenn, Princeton, and Brown, to name a few.”

“I plan to take official visits in the fall to experience the game day atmosphere.”

“I have attended many camps and mega camps this off-season. I have competed well and stood out in the events I’ve participated in. I had a great time at the Regional Elite 11 event in Las Vegas in April. I competed with some of the best quarterbacks on the West Coast and learned from some of the best QB coaches in the country.”

“I have a few more camps planned this summer. I am attending the Manning Passing Academy at the end of June. I had a great time there last year, and I know I’ll take home a lot of knowledge and skills.”

“My favorite college growing up was Mississippi State. My father is an alum. I’ve been attending games and ringing a cowbell for as long as I can remember.”

Q&A with Miller County outside linebacker Jay McCray​

“Football but I also have offers in basketball too.”

“Mercer, Warner, Georgia State, West GA.”

“Mercer and Georgia State.”

“I haven’t lately.”

“Probably not until the season.”

“I did two and I think I performed well.”

“Not right now, I will see a couple and probably register.”

“Clemson.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.