ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Central Carrollton quarterback JR Harris

May 13, 2021
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“I have worked with my QB trainer and my Hustle Inc. 7v7 coach, Tony Ballard, on my development. I have enjoyed my time during the off season with Hustle Inc to help me in my passing game by reading and executing against several different defensive schemes.
I work with my Central WR’s on the weekends, and we work on our routes to help build our chemistry. I also run track and we have been working every day after school and I have a private speed and agility coach.”

What do you feel you have improved on most since last football season?
“Since I won the starting job my freshman year and started all 13 games, I feel like this attributed to greatly improving my understanding of pre-snap reads, having to make quick decisions, and my speed elevated.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I feel we have a great shot of making it to the state championship game. We all understand the power of agreement and that is our focus and goal. Our head coach, Umbrah Brown, and his coaching staff trusts the players and they let us go out there and have fun and execute the game plan.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“Our AAAA Region has been reclassified so there are a lot of teams that we have not played before. If I had to pick, I would say that we are looking forward to playing Stars Mill.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“Since our region has changed, I am not sure I can answer that because I have not had a chance to look at the other team’s players.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Yes, D1 football.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“Appalachian State and The University of North Alabama have offered me. There have been several colleges to visit our school and they have met with me. A few of those are UGA, Florida State, Notre Dame, LSU, App State.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“Appalachian State and University of North Alabama have offered, but Florida State, LSU, and Notre Dame told me they love my film, and they plan to revisit the school and watch me throw.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I have been to Florida, Georgia Tech, Auburn, Clemson, Kentucky, Georgia State, Vanderbilt, Arkansas State.”

Do you have plans for more trips soon?
“I plan to visit Appalachian State and University of North Alabama in the fall. The coaches really want me to experience their game day atmosphere. I will make time for other schools as well.”

What camps are you planning to do this summer?
"I am scheduled to go to LSU, Wake Forest, NC State, North Carolina, and Mississippi State."

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
"Alabama and Clemson."

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.