ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Decatur defensive lineman Marquavious Tyree Hood

May 13, 2021
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“Over the last 6 months my teammates and I have been participating in morning workouts. With guidance from the coaching staff, our workouts consist of lifting in the weight room, whole body conditioning, and currently we are installing all three phases of the game. Our coaching staff has also implemented a dietary regiment which consists of them feeding us 2 times a day. We have had a few 7 on 7 and a 1 on 1 big man challenge. I also have been doing workouts with friends in the afternoon and a trainer.”

What do you feel you have improved on most this off-season?
“During this off season I feel I have worked most on my leadership skills with coaching up my younger teammates. I also am becoming more versatile in my pass rush skills. I have also increased my bench max from 270 to 345 and my squat max from 450 to 525.”

How do you feel your team will do this football season?
“During this football season, I feel we should make a great run. We have learned and improved a lot from last season and we have a lot of players returning who know what it means to make it deep into the playoffs and to win. I feel we have a challenging schedule ahead of us. Every opponent gives us another opportunity to go 1-0.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“This year, I feel that our toughest competition will be Woodward Academy. Every team brings different challenges but I believe Woodward is our toughest competition.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“The d'lineman from Stephenson.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Yes, I would love the opportunity to play college football. There are no other sports that I am interested in.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“Limestone, Albany State, Fort Valley, Judson, Western Kentucky, Georgia Southern, and Georgia State, Reinhardt.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“The school that is recruiting me the hardest at this time is Georgia Southern University.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“Yes, I have visited Georgia Southern Campus and watched a spring practice.”

Do you have plans for more trips soon?
“Yes, I plan on attending Georgia State Big Man camp and visiting Albany State later this summer.”

Have you done any camps this off-season? How do you feel you performed?
“This off season I have attended Mercer University Mega Camp. It was a good experience; I still have a lot to work on but I got a lot of positive feedback from the college coaches that were there.”

Do you have any plans for camps ahead?
“Yes, I do plan on attending the Georgia State Big Man camp in July.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“Oh yes! I am a Georgia kid through and through. I have always loved UGA.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.