ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Stockbridge linebacker Jared Anthony

May 13, 2021
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“I have been creating habits of working hard on the field, in the weight room and in the classroom. This every off-season should be a time of improvement, and that’s what I am focusing on.”

What do you feel you have improved on most since last football season?
“I believe I have improved more by just having a better feel for the game when it comes down to just football IQ. The more repetition you get when playing, the better you’ll get. I have got lots of repetition from last season, and it has made me a better football player.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“We will dominate our first 10 games of the season, and compete in our last 5 games of the season. And we will bring the trophy back from State.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“Jones County.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“I am not sure about that.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I definitely want to play football at the collegiate level.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“Lately, a lot of Ivy Leagues have contacted me, including Princeton, Penn, Cornell, Harvard, Brown, Dartmouth. And some other schools including Miami-OH, UT Martin, and Troy.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“I can say that Miami-OH has been contacting me the most consistently and the longest.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I have visited Tennessee, Tennessee State, Miami-OH, Kentucky, Eastern Kentucky, NC State (Camp), Georgia Tech (Camp), Kennesaw State (Camp), and Georgia Southern (Camp).”

Do you have plans for more trips soon?
“The next trips I plan on taking to colleges will be for camps this off-season.”

What camps are you planning to do this summer?
“Not completely sure yet, but more than likely Miami-OH, Princeton, Penn, Georgia Tech, Troy, Mercer Mega Camp.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“My favorite college growing up has always been Georgia Tech.”

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News