ADVERTISEMENT

GA Varsity High School Football Talk

May 13, 2021
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football and sports now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Eagle's Landing offensive guard Kentez Allen
How did the high school football season go overall?
“It didn’t go as planned, but it helped me improve and to stay humble.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“I work out every day in the mornings and I’m playing basketball. My team and I are playing in the final 4, one more game away from state.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I feel like my team is going to win the region and compete for state.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“Nobody really, probably our first game since we were a young team.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“Nobody really.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Dutchtown athlete Caden Melvin
“It went well, of course it could've been better but overall, we learned a lot from the season.”

“Right [now] I just plan to focus, work hard, and build a better bond amongst the team.”

“I feel we all feel as if we have a lot to prove so I feel like we will be successful and go 1-0 every week.”

“I feel we have a pretty tough schedule, we, Dutchtown, we can beat anyone but if I had to say I would think Stockbridge due to the rivalry and atmosphere.”

“Nobody, they have to meet all 11 [of us] when the whistle blows.”

Q&A with Lovejoy edge rusher Terryian Gaston
“I’ll say the football season went pretty good, we made it to the 2nd round and everybody thought we wouldn’t.”

“My plans are to just keep working hard to make it to where I want to be in life, just keep grinding and grinding every day.”

“I feel as if we have a lot of new athletes waiting to just show their talent on the field to sum it all up. I feel as if we’re going to do better than last year going based off the drive I see every day during workouts and school.”

“I’ll say our toughest competition would be Langston Hughes this year.”

“I haven’t really had the chance to look at some of the players we will be playing this upcoming season.”

Q&A with Lakeside offensive lineman Ayaan Sharfudeen
“Our football season last year we definitely came up short. A difference of 9 points and we would have won the region.”

“I’m in season with track right now but I’m still working out and doing footwork drills all to get me prepared for my senior year.”

“During every workout we install discipline and leadership skills to help make us better football players as well as people. Last year the little things cost us the most such as jumping off sides or a busted route. With all the seniors we lost we are building the future of the team and when the season gets around we will be prepared to prove who we are.”

“Toughest teams will definitely be Brunswick and Glynn Academy.”

“No one.”

Q&A with Lovejoy wide receiver Corey Orr
“The season went great, I was able to provide for my team like I wanted to.”

“I was planning on running track but I had physical therapy for my knee and I didn’t get cleared in time, now I’m just working out, trying to be better than last year.”

“Our team will have an excellent season we’re going to be tougher than last year for sure and we got new coaches so everything’s going to be great.”

“I feel like Langston Hughes is going to be the toughest team we go against next season.”

“The toughest player we’re going to play is Bo Walker, Rb.”

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News